Basil has a long history of use dating back more than 5,000 years. Basil leaves have been used as an herb to season various cuisines and can most commonly be found in your favorite Italian dish.
However, Basil is not just for adding exquisite flavor to food; it has many health benefits as well. As an essential oil, Basil has been known to help promote mental alertness and calm the nervous system when taken internally due to its high linalool content.
HOW TO USE
- Diffuse 3–4 drops to promote a sense of focus and a stress-relieving experience.
- Mix with water in a spray bottle to freshen the air in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Add a few drops in recipes to enhance natural flavor.
- Mix with Lemon essential oil in a glass of cold water for a refreshing summer beverage.
- Massage 1–2 drops into your temples, the base of your neck, or other desired areas.
- Add 1–2 drops to your body wash, shampoo, or lotions.